So how does Clearpay Work?
We now offer Clearpay on our checkout. Clearpay provide simple instalment plans for online shoppers, allowing a purchase to be paid for in four instalments, due every 2 weeks.
Simply shop on our store and choose Clearpay as your payment method at checkout. First-time shoppers provide payment details as usual, returning shoppers simply log in to make their purchase. It’s that easy!
After you check out, the goods will be shipped to you by the merchant. At any time, you can log in to your Clearpay account to see your payment schedule and make a payment before the due date. Otherwise Clearpay will automatically take the money from your debit or credit card every 2 weeks.
Clearpay does not approve 100% of orders. Clearpay are committed to ensuring they support responsible spending.
When determining which orders to approve, Clearpay considers a number of different factors. As an example, the longer you have been a shopper with Clearpay and the more orders you have successfully repaid, the more likely you will be able to spend more.
Things to consider:
- are there sufficient funds on your card (generally Clearpay look to see the first instalment amount being available to spend)
- length of time you have been using Clearpay (tighter in the first 6 weeks)
- amount you have to repay, it may help to pay some off (not a guarantee)
- the value of the order you are trying to place, it may help to reduce the value of your shopping cart (not a guarantee)
- adding a credit card may increase your spending power (not a guarantee)
- the number of orders you currently have 'open' with Clearpay (not a guarantee)
Whilst we know it can be frustrating to not know exactly how much you can spend each time or how many active orders you can have, the rules and approval process help Clearpay responsibly offer a completely free service to our shoppers.